Wood pulp proofing baskets have been used in European bakeries for over 100 years; for good reason!
- They absorb moisture evenly, creating crispier crust
- They are environmentally friendly, made from sustainable wood pulp
- They are easy to clean, just allow them to dry completely between uses
- Their thick walls offer thermal insulation, limiting dough temperature fluctuations
- They are sturdy and have a professional look and feel
- They last a lifetime
I offer one size proofing basket, and it easily holds up to 1000g of dough. My go-to size is between 750g and 1000g.
This is the only basket I use in my baking.
These wood pulp proofing baskets are hand made in Germany, so slight fluctuations basket to basket are expected.